A few thousand years ago the prophet Moses warned his people, “When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, …But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. (Deuteronomy 8:10-11a, 18)
• a warm, dry house where the wind doesn’t blow through cracks.
• a husband with whom I share my faith and goals.
• a good supply of nourishing food and enough “wealth” to purchase it.
• a healthy body that fights off infections with energy to spare for figure skating.
• that my children and grandchildren are surrounded by people who love them so that even if something happened to me, they would not be alone.
Take a moment to comment below on something for which you are thankful. Let us eat and be satisfied, and praise the Lord our God for what he has given.